CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPENINGS AT QUANTUM BASS CENTER:
#1 question received: "Why do these requirements appear so strict/intimidating?"
- Simply because of the numbers of applicants who have not read the requirements before applying. You would be amazed. If you have the required work experience, good references, and a consistently demonstrable work ethic, we will be very excited to hear from you!
- What to expect in an employment contract with QBC:
- This a proud, smart, efficient, committed, creative, high-performance crew. Autonomy and alacrity are essential.
- Punctuality, reliability and self-motivation/direction are conditions of employment.
- There is a 3-month trial period.
- Quantum Bass Center is an equal opportunity employer
- Resume and references thoroughly deliberated.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLYING:
- The primary evaluation for applicants is whether they have applied in accordance with the job description, hours, required experience, etc. and application instructions.
- Permanence: please note there are no openings for temporary or "summer" help at this time.
- Please email resume, references, inquiries, questions - no phone or in-person applications.
1) Experienced customer service/sales person: Prior orchestral stringed-instrument retail experience essential - thorough knowledge of fine stringed instruments/strings/accessories/sheet music, playing ability for demonstrating, high level of business skills. Perfect written grammar essential for preparing contracts and international shipments, corresponding with high-level clientele worldwide. Tuesday through Saturday 10-6. Starting pay $15/hr; anticipated raise after trial period. A candidate with substantial experience and reputation looking for a fine-instrument shop is also welcome to contact us about creating a commissioned sales position. THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED - WELCOME, MARCELLINE!
2) Marketing affiliates: one bassist and one violinist, violist, or cellist who are major gearheads, keenly interested in the latest innovations and publications for their instruments, with a very active social media presence. Assist us in expanding our reach by writing product reviews, posting mentions on social media and forums, developing cross-links, posting affiliate links. Commission-based.
2a) Outside sales & deliveries: deliver/pickup instrument repairs to our school clients throughout the metropolitan area, conduct on-site sales at conventions, deliver/pickup concert rental basses to concert venues. Flat fee for deliveries; sales are commission-based. Appointment-based schedule. Thorough knowledge of the string instrument trade essential; understand bass adjustments, electronic pickups, and amplifiers for concert rental customers, thorough familiarity with double bass inventory in order to represent this facility at events. Good income potential for the assertive, highly organized salesman with professional demeanor.
3) Experienced E-commerce/advertising specialist: approx. 10 flexible hours/week, including some possible work-from-home. Requires thorough knowledge of latest advanced double bass repertoire, pedagogy, and gear; photo editing, perfect grammar, basic webmaster skills. Produce flyers and e-newsletters, keep photos and copy of inventory up to date on all platforms, oversee web store sales, purchasing, and shipping, advance special events. You will be at QBC at least two regularly scheduled times a week taking photos, maintaining inventory etc.
4) Facility manager: handyman tasks, carpentry, regular cleanup/tidy up (vacuuming, bathrooms etc), shipping. PART TIME/PROJECT BASED. Hours flexible - choose closed hours for handyman tasks if preferred.
5) Contingent on filling the customer-service position first, we will then seek a manager/director - highly experienced in the stringed instrument trade. Full time. Coordinate all departments: purchasing, rentals, education, outreach, consignments and approvals, minor bookkeeping, assist commission employees with tabulating, schedule deliveries, etc.
6) Private lesson teacher/education department coordinator (part-time/project based): resume considered from highly skilled bassists who are also experienced teachers who have studied pedagogy DIRECTLY with one or more of the following pedagogues: Vance, Emery, Ellison, Rabbath. Theirs is the curriculum that's been taught in our classes for the last five years, and we're keeping it consistent by accepting applicants just from this lineage. Stable, mature, responsible, reliable individual well-developed in young-bassist education and devoted to expanding access to the highest-quality bass education. Successful applicant will have a sterling personal reputation regarding prior work with children/adolescents and rapport with parents. Assist in developing QBC's ever-expanding education projects - workshops, master classes, courses, outreach to schools, demonstration concerts etc. Teaching contract.
houston violin shop, luthier wanted, violin classifieds, violin repairman wanted, violin repair job, luthier job, music store job, violin shop job, violin salesman, violin making school graduate,