CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPENINGS AT QUANTUM BASS CENTER:
- What to expect in an employment contract with QBC:
- This a proud, smart, efficient, committed, creative, high-performance crew. Autonomy and alacrity are essential.
- Punctuality, reliability and self-motivation/direction are conditions of employment.
- There is a 3-month trial period.
- Quantum Bass Center is an equal opportunity employer
- Resume and references thoroughly deliberated.
1) Substantially experienced fine-instrument sales person: Commissioned sales and acquisitions of fine stringed instruments and bows. Assist in developing our collection of progressively finer instruments. Prior experience in fine-instrument global auctions, appraising, and authenticating required. Part-time/project based - possible to start even if you don't live in Houston, with a plan to move to town as the collection develops.
2) Customer service/sales (full time): sales, rentals. IMMEDIATE OPENING Thorough knowledge of stringed instruments, student sizes, repertoire required. Impeccable business skills required - in-person, phone and in writing. Stable, mature, hard-working, self-motivated, good organizer required. Know the inventory; knowledgeably assist walk-in customers at all levels and high-level clientele worldwide, write up incoming repairs. An ideal position for a mature professional string player who's undergone a work disruption due to the hurricane.
4) Experienced orchestral stringed-instrument and bow repairman/luthier: portfolio must include visibly high-quality major stringed instrument repairs: neck reset/neck graft, properly closed crack repairs, top re-shaping, etc. as well as basic bow repairs and rehairing. Commission-based; good income opportunity; good position for a maker as there is enough work for a nice income, but not so much overload as to leave one with no time for making. Please note there are no trainee/apprentice/intern openings - all applications must include experience at a respected shop or school and a portfolio of major repairs completed.
4) Facility manager: handyman tasks, carpentry, regular cleanup/tidy up (vacuuming, bathrooms etc), shipping. PART TIME/PROJECT BASED. Hours flexible - choose closed hours for handyman tasks if preferred.
5) Private lesson teacher/education department coordinator (part-time/project based): resume considered from highly skilled bassists who are also experienced teachers who have studied pedagogy DIRECTLY with one or more of the following pedagogues: Vance, Emery, Ellison, Rabbath. Theirs is the curriculum that's been taught in our classes for the last six years, and we're keeping it consistent by accepting applicants just from this lineage. Stable, mature, responsible, reliable individual well-developed in young-bassist education and devoted to expanding access to the highest-quality bass education. Successful applicant will have a sterling personal reputation regarding prior work with children/adolescents and rapport with parents. Assist in developing QBC's ever-expanding education projects - workshops, master classes, courses, outreach to schools, demonstration concerts etc. Teaching contract.
houston violin shop, luthier wanted, violin classifieds, violin repairman wanted, violin repair job, luthier job, music store job, violin shop job, violin salesman, violin making school graduate,