CURRENT SPECIAL: FOR ELEMENTARY TEACHERS
If your district will permit the purchasing of used instruments, we have a quantity of newly-reconditioned 3/4 size retired rental violins as outfits with NEW bows and used cases. Just $169/outfit any quantity. Stretch a budget blown up by the flood! We will deliver within the metropolitan area. Hit us up!!
You can give the bassists in your orchestra program outstanding, affordable fractional basses and the latest pedagogy, and fill out your bass section.
Finally! Great AND affordable small basses!
- sizes from 1/32 to 7/8 - kids can begin double bass at the same age as Suzuki students
- good-sounding instruments that "sound like a bass" - ample low end and resonance
- outfits start at just $999 for smallest sizes. Institutional bid requests invited.
- excellent quality, intelligently and thoughtfully designed by a bass teacher
- specially designed strings for fractional sizes
- Yes! We do call on schools and will pick up and deliver instruments, supplies and repairs on request.
- Faster than a weekly service route: order online and receive your purchases in just 1-2 days!
Philanthropy: WE CARE about orchestra teachers striving in underfunded programs!
- We do not turn down repairs when your budget does not match our price list!
- We match donated instruments to schools! Have an instrument to donate? We will find a school that needs it and assist in getting the donation receipt. And recondition the instrument.
- We gladly accept "terminal" school instruments and will give you a store credit for them that you can use to get what you need. Your broken instruments and bows have some value here.
- WE ALLOW CUSTOMERS TO DONATE THEIR RENTAL CREDIT TO SCHOOLS. Encourage your students to rent their stringed instruments from Quantum Bass Center - not only will they get great instruments that are excellently set up, but they receive credit toward an eventual instrument purchase with each month's rental. If they accumulate enough rental credit to buy an instrument, but opt not to purchase one, they can donate their credit to a school. You can get this assistance toward getting new instruments that may be otherwise outside your budget. Talk to us about getting flyers that explain this VERY UNIQUE program *.
- Method books in the most effective double bass pedagogy (several different methods)
- Phenomenally huge selection of solo literature which the students can try in-store before purchase!
- Strings and accessories thoughtfully selected to be the most convenient, functional and durable
- Knowledgeable sales staff who care about young students
- Free shipping from our web store to save busy parents and teachers time
- Complete selection of accessories - one-stop shopping for parents of multiple string players
- We rent basses in all sizes, and are happy to rent to schools as well as individuals!
- We also rent violins, violas, and cellos
- Rental fee paid applies toward purchase
- Unique RENTAL CREDIT DONATION PROGRAM - our rental customers can donate unused rental credit to you for new instruments!*
- Unique RENTAL RESCUE program! If your students' rental instruments are not all you'd like them to have, they can trade in used, entry-level or rental instruments purchased elsewhere for a high-quality, expertly set up instrument of their choice here at QBC.
- "Rent It Forward" program: do you have students lagging because they cannot afford to rent an instrument to practice at home? We have a fund to help offset instrument rental costs.
- Get rental instruments in the hands of your new students immediately when they sign up for orchestra, while their motivation is at peak! We provide top-notch, inspiring, affordable instruction over the summer, so your beginners already have a good start, and your intermediate students are sharp and ready to play!
Repairs and school bids:
- We are listed as approved vendors for nearly every school district in the Houston area
- Highest level bass setup with ample experience in the special geometry required to set up small-sized basses
- Knowldegeable setup and high-quality repairs to all orchestral strings
- For your purchasing convenience, we supply very good violins, violas, cellos, bows, strings and accessories.
Unique Instrument Loan program:
- Stuck waiting for your budget to be released, while you need instruments for your students?
- School is trying to gauge interest in starting an orchestra program before committing to buy instruments?
- If your school will be making a purchase of instruments from Quantum Bass Center or is a regular customer, you can request the loan of instruments (subject to availability; conditions apply) until the red tape clears. Talk to us!
- Well-crafted in-school performance/presentations by some of Houston's finest bassists can inspire your beginners and inform your existing bassists
- Presentations on instrument maintenance for all your string players can assist you in keeping repair costs down by showing all levels of players how to care for their instruments, how to identify imminent damage, and when to ask you for help. We emphasize players teaching and helping each other with what they have learned. Why not start a culture of high value on maintenance that your students will pass down to younger grades?
NEW PROGRAM: "Task Force" visiting teachers help you get your beginning bassists off to a great start! QBC is assembling a team of visiting bass teachers for the fall of 2016. We know bass technique is a little different, and it can be a huge challenge to get beginners set up with good technique in the context of orchestra class. Many teachers are relaying they teach their bassists separately, but not all string teachers have a bass background. QBC can arrange for highly qualified bass teachers to visit your school, answer your questions, teach your beginners introductory sessions on technique, and demonstrate what you can carry forward. Have your own "bass advocate" when you need one! If your budget does not allow for this, QBC can often PAY THE VISITING TEACHERS as a donation to your program. Please don't hestitate to ask.
- Presentations and workshops in young-bassist pedagogy and "de-mystifying the double bass" are presented occasionally here at QBC, and can be scheduled at your location on request. Consider a double-bass teacher training session for an in-service day!
Classes and lessons that support your work, at prices students can afford:
- our group classes are a great way for orchestra students to affordably and quickly develop good technique and find inspiration and motivation.
- Private lessons with devoted and highly trained double bassists, plus referrals to other outstanding teachers
- Summer Jump Start sessions offer your new recruits hands-on, practical instruction in the basics of handling their new instrument, tuning, standing or sitting position, care of the bass, bow and accessories, and ample Q&A time for students and their parents. Their instruments get checked and adjusted, and they can explore the bass center and get excited about being a new musician. Jump Start is just a two-hour session - those interested can sign up for additional instruction. All are taught by experienced teachers trained in the latest double bass pedagogy.
We take requests! Do you need packages of beginner accessories? We will create YOUR package on our web store for convenient, one-stop shopping for your orchestra parents, delivered to their homes so you don't have to administrate supply pickup at school - all at unbeatable prices and free shipping! Just call or email us today with your supply list, and free yourself to focus on teaching!
*Terms for the donation of rental credit:
- The recipient school must be a current customer of Quantum Bass Center, whether purchasing physical inventory or having one of our teachers coaching their bass students.
- The recipient school must be able to write a donation receipt to the QBC customer.
- The donated credit must be enough to purchase an instrument - schools CAN combine the donations to exchange for a more expensive instrument, but each block of donation must be at least equivalent to the current price of an instrument.
- The donated block of rental credit must equal the full purchase price of an instrument - no 'school discounts' or other discounts apply.
- Donated credit applies to instrument/outfit purchases only - accessories, individual bows, sheet music, etc. are not included.